Visitantes on line
Visitas desde 26-10-09
- 108,729 visitas
marzo 2015 L M X J V S D « feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Let’s Know about ……….A PLACE
Chipude is a nice village of La Gomera, Canary Islands. It´s situated at the top of Vallehermoso.
Chipude means "ground of palm trees" in Guanche language.
In the past the place was covered by a laurisilva rainforest, but that was cut to cultivate sugarcane.
About the century XVI, two churches were built and Chipude became an important village with a population of 2000 people.
Nowadays is a nice little village that is visited by many tourists. These tourists are normally hikers.
Let’s know about ……… a CURRENT CHARACTER
Barack Obama is an American man of 51 years old, currently he is president of the United States.
Throughout his life he has had different jobs, Iliois senator, teacher in a School , etc, until five years ago, in 2007, when he decided to stand for election to hold the office of president.
In 2009 he was ready and prepared several initiatives, for example: Campaigns against climate change, homophobia, and he was awarded a Nobel Peace Prize.
On Tuesday, November 6, he was elected again as president.
Let’s know about ….. a HISTORICAL EVENT.
It was a terrorist attack that happened on eleven March of 2004, in Madrid train station. It was the second major terrorist attempt in Europe. The terrorist put bombs in four different trains, about 07:36 and 07:40. The police tried to deactivate two bombs that didn’t exploit, but 191 people died and 1858 were injured. On 3 April, the police cornered several terrorist members. When they were in this situation they committed suicide. In this action a police officer died.
By Estefanía Guanche
Adriana Gonzalez Gon… on The King’s Speech Alfonso Torices on The King’s Speech PABLO MOGOLLON DIAZ on The King’s Speech Diego González on The King’s Speech Sofía Gil on The King’s Speech Trusianna Delgado on The King’s Speech Estefanía Guanche on The King’s Speech Alvaro Medina 1ºA Ba… on The King’s Speech ANDREA SANTOS FAGUND… on The King’s Speech Samuel Arbelo on What’s globish? Haridian González on The King’s Speech Aitor Monje Castella… on The King’s Speech Erika Gonzalez on The King’s Speech María López on The King’s Speech Yanira Jerez on The King’s Speech
- febrero 2015 (1)
- noviembre 2014 (2)
- junio 2014 (1)
- mayo 2014 (1)
- abril 2014 (2)
- marzo 2014 (1)
- febrero 2014 (2)
- enero 2014 (2)
- diciembre 2013 (1)
- septiembre 2013 (1)
- mayo 2013 (2)
- abril 2013 (2)
- marzo 2013 (1)
- enero 2013 (2)
- octubre 2012 (3)
- mayo 2012 (1)
- abril 2012 (3)
- marzo 2012 (3)
- febrero 2012 (1)
- enero 2012 (5)
- diciembre 2011 (2)
- noviembre 2011 (3)
- octubre 2011 (4)
- julio 2011 (1)
- mayo 2011 (2)
- abril 2011 (1)
- marzo 2011 (1)
- febrero 2011 (2)
- enero 2011 (1)
- diciembre 2010 (1)
- noviembre 2010 (2)
- octubre 2010 (3)
- junio 2010 (5)
- mayo 2010 (6)
- abril 2010 (6)
- marzo 2010 (4)
- febrero 2010 (10)
- enero 2010 (7)
- diciembre 2009 (5)
- noviembre 2009 (15)
- octubre 2009 (3)
Lo + visto
- Housing: are we reaching a tipping point? | Zoe Williams 29 marzo 2015Poorly housed people are refusing to keep quiet: groups like the New Era families or Focus E15 mothers show that a source of shame is becoming a spur to actionWhen does a personal problem become society’s problem? How many people have to be in a situation before it ceases to be a source of shame and starts to become a spur to action? What’s the tipping point […]Zoe Williams
- Sadiq Khan: on the Tooting trail with Labour's London campaign man 29 marzo 2015The bus driver’s son who helped Ed Miliband become Labour leader insists the general election is his top priority despite his interest in becoming the capital’s mayor Inside the Sadiq Khan campaign HQ were parcels of flyers and posters half unpacked, milling volunteers, many stacks of sandwiches, a woman making a joke about “a paper plate crisis” and a great […]Dave Hill
- Tories may not reveal details of £12bn welfare cuts until after election 29 marzo 2015Iain Duncan Smith says Conservatives will talk about where axe should fall when party is ready, as IFS director warns of ‘pretty dramatic’ cutsThe Conservatives may not reveal details of plans to slash £12bn from the benefits bill before voters go to the polls on 7 May, Iain Duncan Smith has said. The welfare secretary said it may not be “relevant” to explai […]Rajeev Syal and agencies
- Jeremy Hunt pledges extra £8bn for NHS if Conservatives win election 29 marzo 2015Health secretary promises to fund NHS England boss’s five-year plan, which foresees total funding of £30bn, with £22bn to be found via efficiency savingsThe Conservative party will spend an extra £8bn on the NHS if it wins the general election to fund a five-year plan drawn up by its chief executive, Jeremy Hunt has promised.The health secretary said the gov […]Press Association
- Headteachers threaten to contact police over children playing 18-rated games 29 marzo 2015Group of 16 schools in Cheshire say allowing children to play games containing unsuitable levels of violence and sexual content is neglectfulHeadteachers have warned parents that they will report them to the police and social services for neglect if they allow their children to play computer games rated for over-18s.The warning was issued by the Nantwich Edu […]Nadia Khomami
- Meningitis B vaccine added to UK child immunisation scheme 29 marzo 2015Government reaches deal with GlaxoSmithKline on price of Bexsero, which was recommended by vaccination advisers a year agoAll babies in the UK will soon have a potentially life-saving vaccine against meningitis B under a landmark deal, the health secretary has announced.Jeremy Hunt said Britain would become the first country in the world with a nationwide me […]Press Association
- Carol Morley: ‘Mass hysteria is a powerful group activity’ 29 marzo 2015Fainting, twitching, nausea… What is really going on when a group – and it’s almost always teenage girls – exhibit real symptoms without organic cause? Carol Morley explains how her fascination with mass psychogenic illness led to her film The Falling, the story of a fainting epidemic at a girls’ school• Carol Morley interview: ‘Maxine Peake is my muse’Last […]Carol Morley
- Housing: are we reaching a tipping point? | Zoe Williams 29 marzo 2015
- Acento nativo advert Anne Frank appearance and personality Basic grammar Biographies British or American English British Tradition carnival in Spain communication in english comparatives and superlatives comunication Conditionals Consumption dialogue at a restaurant dialogue in a restaurant dialogues Directions english grammar English tests English traditions environment euronews European Day of Languages few Future Tense globish graffiti Guy Fawkes Heal the world Healthy food Homeschooling I have a dream International day fo the elimination of violence against Women Invictus Jason Mraz job interview John Lennon Learn with films Leona Lewis little London Luther king Lyrics Mandela many Mr Duncan much music New Year's Resolutions Non-violence and peace Peace Day Pearly Kings and Queens Present Perfect Racism Reading recycling Saint Patrick's Day shakira shakira's speech at oxford Song speech against the war stand by me technology Trailer Twilight verbal tenses Videos Vocabulary Waving flag we are the world for Haiti webquest about the Canary Islands what is that? Women's Day World Water Day activities
The United Nations designated 25 November as the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women, and invited governments, international organizations and NGOs to organize activities designed to raise public awareness of the problem on that day.
Women’s activists have marked 25 November as a day against violence since 1981. This date came from the brutal assassination in 1960, of the three Mirabal sisters, political activists in the Dominican Republic.
- Watch this video including a message from the Spanish actor Antonio banderas:
- Why this International Day? Have a look at this information according to The United Nations: here.
- Do you think it’s necessary to celebrate this international day? Give reasons. Leave a comment.
“Guy Fawkes” o “Bonfire Night” is one of the most popular festivals in Britain. On 5th November, bonfires cover the whole country. The tradition has its origin in the year 1605 when a group of Catholics tried to kill the prostestant king blowing The House of Parliament. To know more about it, here you have this activity. You may also watch the following video: click here.
This video shows a movie trailer recorded by four students of 1º bachillerato (Alfonso, Yanira, Carla and Andrea). Good work!!
Hope you will enjoy it!!
The King’s Speech is a British historical drama film. Colin Firth plays King George VI who, to face a stammer, sees Lionel Logue, an Australian speech therapist played by Geoffrey Rush. The men become friends as they work together, and after his brother abdicates the throne, the new King relies on Logue to help him make his first wartime radio broadcast on Britain’s declaration of war on Germany in 1939. Once you’ve watched the movie, could you write your review? (you may read some reviews here), what’s your opinion about it? What about the characters?, was it difficult to understand? Do you think original version films really help to learn a language?
Read this file to know about the language we must use to write a film review, click here.
This is an excellent short film to work the issue of “Communication”. We can clearly see different forms of communication.
Questions to work on the film: Download.
Once you’ve seen it, you may leave a comment on the following question:
Do you think you are good at communicating?
“Communication” es un tema objeto de trabajo en 1º de bachillerato en el tercer trimestre. Hace algunos años que surgió el “globish” como una variante “light” del inglés y que se ha ido extendiendo por el mundo (para saber más, pincha aquí) . Ahora dejamos un vídeo donde el creador del “globish“ explica en qué consiste. ¿piensas que el “globish” puede ser útil? ¿podría sustituir al inglés como forma de comunicación?