Visitantes on line
Visitas desde 26-10-09
- 116,129 visitas
agosto 2015 L M X J V S D « feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Let’s Know about ……….A PLACE
Chipude is a nice village of La Gomera, Canary Islands. It´s situated at the top of Vallehermoso.
Chipude means "ground of palm trees" in Guanche language.
In the past the place was covered by a laurisilva rainforest, but that was cut to cultivate sugarcane.
About the century XVI, two churches were built and Chipude became an important village with a population of 2000 people.
Nowadays is a nice little village that is visited by many tourists. These tourists are normally hikers.
Let’s know about ……… a CURRENT CHARACTER
Barack Obama is an American man of 51 years old, currently he is president of the United States.
Throughout his life he has had different jobs, Iliois senator, teacher in a School , etc, until five years ago, in 2007, when he decided to stand for election to hold the office of president.
In 2009 he was ready and prepared several initiatives, for example: Campaigns against climate change, homophobia, and he was awarded a Nobel Peace Prize.
On Tuesday, November 6, he was elected again as president.
Let’s know about ….. a HISTORICAL EVENT.
It was a terrorist attack that happened on eleven March of 2004, in Madrid train station. It was the second major terrorist attempt in Europe. The terrorist put bombs in four different trains, about 07:36 and 07:40. The police tried to deactivate two bombs that didn’t exploit, but 191 people died and 1858 were injured. On 3 April, the police cornered several terrorist members. When they were in this situation they committed suicide. In this action a police officer died.
By Estefanía Guanche
Adriana Gonzalez Gon… on The King’s Speech Alfonso Torices on The King’s Speech PABLO MOGOLLON DIAZ on The King’s Speech Diego González on The King’s Speech Sofía Gil on The King’s Speech Trusianna Delgado on The King’s Speech Estefanía Guanche on The King’s Speech Alvaro Medina 1ºA Ba… on The King’s Speech ANDREA SANTOS FAGUND… on The King’s Speech Samuel Arbelo on What’s globish? Haridian González on The King’s Speech Aitor Monje Castella… on The King’s Speech Erika Gonzalez on The King’s Speech María López on The King’s Speech Yanira Jerez on The King’s Speech
- febrero 2015 (1)
- noviembre 2014 (2)
- junio 2014 (1)
- mayo 2014 (1)
- abril 2014 (2)
- marzo 2014 (1)
- febrero 2014 (2)
- enero 2014 (2)
- diciembre 2013 (1)
- septiembre 2013 (1)
- mayo 2013 (2)
- abril 2013 (2)
- marzo 2013 (1)
- enero 2013 (2)
- octubre 2012 (3)
- mayo 2012 (1)
- abril 2012 (3)
- marzo 2012 (3)
- febrero 2012 (1)
- enero 2012 (5)
- diciembre 2011 (2)
- noviembre 2011 (3)
- octubre 2011 (4)
- julio 2011 (1)
- mayo 2011 (2)
- abril 2011 (1)
- marzo 2011 (1)
- febrero 2011 (2)
- enero 2011 (1)
- diciembre 2010 (1)
- noviembre 2010 (2)
- octubre 2010 (3)
- junio 2010 (5)
- mayo 2010 (6)
- abril 2010 (6)
- marzo 2010 (4)
- febrero 2010 (10)
- enero 2010 (7)
- diciembre 2009 (5)
- noviembre 2009 (15)
- octubre 2009 (3)
Lo + visto
- Bake Off and Bond baddie top quirky queries received by council call centres 30 agosto 2015Asking the size of Mary Berry’s tart tin and answering a crossword clue about a Bond villain are just two of the bizarre calls received by councilsAsking for help with a Great British Bake Off dish and trying to answer a crossword clue about a James Bond villain are just two of the quirky calls received by council call centres in the last year.The Local Gove […]Press Association
- Hangovers deprive drinkers of 22 hours of summer, Dryathlon charity finds 30 agosto 2015Survey of 2,000 adults for Cancer Research UK finds average hangover lasts 6 hours and 30 minutes, and quarter of drinkers miss out on going outsideAfter the summer’s promising start turned to soggy disappointment, many Brits will be kicking themselves for every second of sunshine they will have missed this year. But some will have none but themselves to bla […]Damien Gayle
- Brisk daily walks can increase lifespan, research says 30 agosto 2015Health experts claim even moderate exercise can reduce ageing and halve risk of dying from heart attackJust 25 minutes of brisk walking a day can add up to seven years to your life, health experts have said. Researchers told the European Society of Cardiology congress that regular exercise could reduce ageing and increase the average lifespan. Sanjay Sharma, […]Press Association
- NHS trusts and the crippling burden of PFI | Letters 30 agosto 2015Jeremy Corbyn has yet again shown substance in policy in his proposal to end the burden of PFI on health authorities (Opinion, 27 August). I live in the small social housing element of the Quartermile district of Edinburgh. It is the site of the old Edinburgh Royal hospital and now a gleaming new city designed by Norman Foster is rising, where one-bedroom fl […]Letters
- Dance therapy brings joy and wellbeing to older people 30 agosto 2015Classes run by arts charity Create improve health and brighten lives but future of programme is threatened by social care spending cutsPaula Sanders may have arrived at the dancing class inadvertently but by the end she says she feels like the belle of the ball.With a disco tune throbbing from a boom box, Sanders, wearing big red slippers, rolls her arms in […]Mark Tran
- Four Seasons Health Care reviews finances amid debt fears 30 agosto 2015UK’s largest care home operator to consider all options as ‘national living wage’ is said to add to financial pressuresFours Seasons Health Care, Britain’s biggest care home operator, has launched a financial review after second-quarter losses surged to £26m, raising fresh fears over the indebted group’s viability.Owned by Terra Firma, the buyout firm contro […]Juliette Garside
- Chrissie Hynde criticised over rape remarks 30 agosto 2015Pretenders singer condemned after saying it can be a woman’s fault if she is raped, and blamed herself for performing sexual acts under threat of violenceSinger Chrissie Hynde has been criticised for saying it can be a woman’s fault if she is raped. The Pretenders star, 63, said she blamed herself for being forced to perform sexual acts under the threat of v […]Press Association
- Bake Off and Bond baddie top quirky queries received by council call centres 30 agosto 2015
- Acento nativo advert Anne Frank appearance and personality Basic grammar Biographies British or American English British Tradition carnival in Spain communication in english comparatives and superlatives comunication Conditionals Consumption dialogue at a restaurant dialogue in a restaurant dialogues Directions english grammar English tests English traditions environment euronews European Day of Languages few Future Tense globish graffiti Guy Fawkes Heal the world Healthy food Homeschooling I have a dream International day fo the elimination of violence against Women Invictus Jason Mraz job interview John Lennon Learn with films Leona Lewis little London Luther king Lyrics Mandela many Mr Duncan much music New Year's Resolutions Non-violence and peace Peace Day Pearly Kings and Queens Present Perfect Racism Reading recycling Saint Patrick's Day shakira shakira's speech at oxford Song speech against the war stand by me technology Trailer Twilight verbal tenses Videos Vocabulary Waving flag we are the world for Haiti webquest about the Canary Islands what is that? Women's Day World Water Day activities
The United Nations designated 25 November as the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women, and invited governments, international organizations and NGOs to organize activities designed to raise public awareness of the problem on that day.
Women’s activists have marked 25 November as a day against violence since 1981. This date came from the brutal assassination in 1960, of the three Mirabal sisters, political activists in the Dominican Republic.
- Watch this video including a message from the Spanish actor Antonio banderas:
- Why this International Day? Have a look at this information according to The United Nations: here.
- Do you think it’s necessary to celebrate this international day? Give reasons. Leave a comment.
“Guy Fawkes” o “Bonfire Night” is one of the most popular festivals in Britain. On 5th November, bonfires cover the whole country. The tradition has its origin in the year 1605 when a group of Catholics tried to kill the prostestant king blowing The House of Parliament. To know more about it, here you have this activity. You may also watch the following video: click here.
This video shows a movie trailer recorded by four students of 1º bachillerato (Alfonso, Yanira, Carla and Andrea). Good work!!
Hope you will enjoy it!!
The King’s Speech is a British historical drama film. Colin Firth plays King George VI who, to face a stammer, sees Lionel Logue, an Australian speech therapist played by Geoffrey Rush. The men become friends as they work together, and after his brother abdicates the throne, the new King relies on Logue to help him make his first wartime radio broadcast on Britain’s declaration of war on Germany in 1939. Once you’ve watched the movie, could you write your review? (you may read some reviews here), what’s your opinion about it? What about the characters?, was it difficult to understand? Do you think original version films really help to learn a language?
Read this file to know about the language we must use to write a film review, click here.
This is an excellent short film to work the issue of “Communication”. We can clearly see different forms of communication.
Questions to work on the film: Download.
Once you’ve seen it, you may leave a comment on the following question:
Do you think you are good at communicating?
“Communication” es un tema objeto de trabajo en 1º de bachillerato en el tercer trimestre. Hace algunos años que surgió el “globish” como una variante “light” del inglés y que se ha ido extendiendo por el mundo (para saber más, pincha aquí) . Ahora dejamos un vídeo donde el creador del “globish“ explica en qué consiste. ¿piensas que el “globish” puede ser útil? ¿podría sustituir al inglés como forma de comunicación?