Visitantes on line
Visitas desde 26-10-09
- 115,128 visitas
agosto 2015 L M X J V S D « feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Let’s Know about ……….A PLACE
Chipude is a nice village of La Gomera, Canary Islands. It´s situated at the top of Vallehermoso.
Chipude means "ground of palm trees" in Guanche language.
In the past the place was covered by a laurisilva rainforest, but that was cut to cultivate sugarcane.
About the century XVI, two churches were built and Chipude became an important village with a population of 2000 people.
Nowadays is a nice little village that is visited by many tourists. These tourists are normally hikers.
Let’s know about ……… a CURRENT CHARACTER
Barack Obama is an American man of 51 years old, currently he is president of the United States.
Throughout his life he has had different jobs, Iliois senator, teacher in a School , etc, until five years ago, in 2007, when he decided to stand for election to hold the office of president.
In 2009 he was ready and prepared several initiatives, for example: Campaigns against climate change, homophobia, and he was awarded a Nobel Peace Prize.
On Tuesday, November 6, he was elected again as president.
Let’s know about ….. a HISTORICAL EVENT.
It was a terrorist attack that happened on eleven March of 2004, in Madrid train station. It was the second major terrorist attempt in Europe. The terrorist put bombs in four different trains, about 07:36 and 07:40. The police tried to deactivate two bombs that didn’t exploit, but 191 people died and 1858 were injured. On 3 April, the police cornered several terrorist members. When they were in this situation they committed suicide. In this action a police officer died.
By Estefanía Guanche
Adriana Gonzalez Gon… on The King’s Speech Alfonso Torices on The King’s Speech PABLO MOGOLLON DIAZ on The King’s Speech Diego González on The King’s Speech Sofía Gil on The King’s Speech Trusianna Delgado on The King’s Speech Estefanía Guanche on The King’s Speech Alvaro Medina 1ºA Ba… on The King’s Speech ANDREA SANTOS FAGUND… on The King’s Speech Samuel Arbelo on What’s globish? Haridian González on The King’s Speech Aitor Monje Castella… on The King’s Speech Erika Gonzalez on The King’s Speech María López on The King’s Speech Yanira Jerez on The King’s Speech
- febrero 2015 (1)
- noviembre 2014 (2)
- junio 2014 (1)
- mayo 2014 (1)
- abril 2014 (2)
- marzo 2014 (1)
- febrero 2014 (2)
- enero 2014 (2)
- diciembre 2013 (1)
- septiembre 2013 (1)
- mayo 2013 (2)
- abril 2013 (2)
- marzo 2013 (1)
- enero 2013 (2)
- octubre 2012 (3)
- mayo 2012 (1)
- abril 2012 (3)
- marzo 2012 (3)
- febrero 2012 (1)
- enero 2012 (5)
- diciembre 2011 (2)
- noviembre 2011 (3)
- octubre 2011 (4)
- julio 2011 (1)
- mayo 2011 (2)
- abril 2011 (1)
- marzo 2011 (1)
- febrero 2011 (2)
- enero 2011 (1)
- diciembre 2010 (1)
- noviembre 2010 (2)
- octubre 2010 (3)
- junio 2010 (5)
- mayo 2010 (6)
- abril 2010 (6)
- marzo 2010 (4)
- febrero 2010 (10)
- enero 2010 (7)
- diciembre 2009 (5)
- noviembre 2009 (15)
- octubre 2009 (3)
Lo + visto
- All bets are off: why bookmakers aren’t playing fair 2 agosto 2015Win too much at the races and you could find your bookmaker closing your account. An anonymous punter reveals why the odds are now firmly in favour of the big online firmsAs G Force burst through to win the prestigious Betfred Sprint Cup at Haydock, I began celebrating my biggest priced winner of the flat season, having backed him at odds of 25-1. But my joy […]Anonymous
- We hospice CEOs shouldn't stay silent – the sector must accept assisted dying 2 agosto 2015I’m worried that if I speak out publicly about the change in the law we so badly need, it will alienate trustees, staff and donorsI am a chief executive of a hospice and I believe that those with a terminal illness should be allowed to die when, or if, they choose to. I support new legislation concerning assisted dying – not instead of good hospice and palli […]Anonymous
- Students offered vaccine against deadly meningitis strain 1 agosto 2015Rapid growth in cases of MenW prompts GP campaign to protect young people against infectionFirst-year university and college students will this year be offered vaccination to protect them against a deadly strain of meningitis, known as MenW.GPs will be inviting those aged 17 and 18 to come for vaccination protection against meningitis (inflammation of the br […]Robin McKie Science editor
- Nitrous oxide campaigners take drug outside UK parliament in protest at bill 1 agosto 2015About 100 people attend a mass inhalation against psychoactive substances bill, which would criminalise sale and supply of ‘nox’ and other drugsA protest against the government’s proposed ban of legal highs erupted in laughter on Saturday, as dozens of demonstrators simultaneously inhaled nitrous oxide outside the Houses of Parliament.The demonstration was i […]Damien Gayle
- Jewish, Muslim and LGBT communities oppose hate-crime hotline plans 1 agosto 2015Internal emails reveal Boris Johnson, mayor of London, intends to introduce single hotline for capital, but charities say plans will dilute community trustLondon’s Jewish, Muslim and LGBT communities have joined forces to oppose plans by Boris Johnston for a hate-crime hotline, claiming it would dissuade victims from reporting antisemitic, Islamophobic and h […]Mark Townsend
- How loved ones can help prevent patients developing delirium in hospital | Liz Charalambous 1 agosto 2015In the first of a series by health professionals on the importance of family and volunteers helping with a condition in hospital, we hear from a nurse at Nottingham University Hospital Ward B48Delirium is a state of acute mental confusion where a person may see or hear things that are not there and become very agitated, sleepy or a mixture of both.It can be […]Liz Charalambous
- New meningitis vaccine to be offered to UK teenagers and students 1 agosto 2015MenACWY vaccine will be introduced for 14-18-year-olds as well as students under age of 25 attending university for the first time this autumnStudents and teenagers across Britain will be offered a new meningitis vaccine to protect them against an outbreak of a highly aggressive variant of the disease. Cases of meningitis W (MenW) have been on the rise since […]Damien Gayle
- All bets are off: why bookmakers aren’t playing fair 2 agosto 2015
- Acento nativo advert Anne Frank appearance and personality Basic grammar Biographies British or American English British Tradition carnival in Spain communication in english comparatives and superlatives comunication Conditionals Consumption dialogue at a restaurant dialogue in a restaurant dialogues Directions english grammar English tests English traditions environment euronews European Day of Languages few Future Tense globish graffiti Guy Fawkes Heal the world Healthy food Homeschooling I have a dream International day fo the elimination of violence against Women Invictus Jason Mraz job interview John Lennon Learn with films Leona Lewis little London Luther king Lyrics Mandela many Mr Duncan much music New Year's Resolutions Non-violence and peace Peace Day Pearly Kings and Queens Present Perfect Racism Reading recycling Saint Patrick's Day shakira shakira's speech at oxford Song speech against the war stand by me technology Trailer Twilight verbal tenses Videos Vocabulary Waving flag we are the world for Haiti webquest about the Canary Islands what is that? Women's Day World Water Day activities
The United Nations designated 25 November as the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women, and invited governments, international organizations and NGOs to organize activities designed to raise public awareness of the problem on that day.
Women’s activists have marked 25 November as a day against violence since 1981. This date came from the brutal assassination in 1960, of the three Mirabal sisters, political activists in the Dominican Republic.
- Watch this video including a message from the Spanish actor Antonio banderas:
- Why this International Day? Have a look at this information according to The United Nations: here.
- Do you think it’s necessary to celebrate this international day? Give reasons. Leave a comment.
“Guy Fawkes” o “Bonfire Night” is one of the most popular festivals in Britain. On 5th November, bonfires cover the whole country. The tradition has its origin in the year 1605 when a group of Catholics tried to kill the prostestant king blowing The House of Parliament. To know more about it, here you have this activity. You may also watch the following video: click here.
This video shows a movie trailer recorded by four students of 1º bachillerato (Alfonso, Yanira, Carla and Andrea). Good work!!
Hope you will enjoy it!!
The King’s Speech is a British historical drama film. Colin Firth plays King George VI who, to face a stammer, sees Lionel Logue, an Australian speech therapist played by Geoffrey Rush. The men become friends as they work together, and after his brother abdicates the throne, the new King relies on Logue to help him make his first wartime radio broadcast on Britain’s declaration of war on Germany in 1939. Once you’ve watched the movie, could you write your review? (you may read some reviews here), what’s your opinion about it? What about the characters?, was it difficult to understand? Do you think original version films really help to learn a language?
Read this file to know about the language we must use to write a film review, click here.
This is an excellent short film to work the issue of “Communication”. We can clearly see different forms of communication.
Questions to work on the film: Download.
Once you’ve seen it, you may leave a comment on the following question:
Do you think you are good at communicating?
“Communication” es un tema objeto de trabajo en 1º de bachillerato en el tercer trimestre. Hace algunos años que surgió el “globish” como una variante “light” del inglés y que se ha ido extendiendo por el mundo (para saber más, pincha aquí) . Ahora dejamos un vídeo donde el creador del “globish“ explica en qué consiste. ¿piensas que el “globish” puede ser útil? ¿podría sustituir al inglés como forma de comunicación?