On February 11th it’s Safer Internet Day in UK, Have a look at these two contents on the web of the British Council Learn English, some READING and a VIDEO, it’s about how to stay safe. You can read about online safety and watch a new video about cyberbullying. Once you’ve read the information and have watched the video, tell us what you think about this topic. We’re waiting for your comments!
Visitantes on line
Visitas desde 26-10-09
- 159,812 visitas
julio 2018 L M X J V S D « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Let’s Know about ……….A PLACE
Chipude is a nice village of La Gomera, Canary Islands. It´s situated at the top of Vallehermoso.
Chipude means "ground of palm trees" in Guanche language.
In the past the place was covered by a laurisilva rainforest, but that was cut to cultivate sugarcane.
About the century XVI, two churches were built and Chipude became an important village with a population of 2000 people.
Nowadays is a nice little village that is visited by many tourists. These tourists are normally hikers.
Let’s know about ……… a CURRENT CHARACTER
Barack Obama is an American man of 51 years old, currently he is president of the United States.
Throughout his life he has had different jobs, Iliois senator, teacher in a School , etc, until five years ago, in 2007, when he decided to stand for election to hold the office of president.
In 2009 he was ready and prepared several initiatives, for example: Campaigns against climate change, homophobia, and he was awarded a Nobel Peace Prize.
On Tuesday, November 6, he was elected again as president.
Let’s know about ….. a HISTORICAL EVENT.
It was a terrorist attack that happened on eleven March of 2004, in Madrid train station. It was the second major terrorist attempt in Europe. The terrorist put bombs in four different trains, about 07:36 and 07:40. The police tried to deactivate two bombs that didn’t exploit, but 191 people died and 1858 were injured. On 3 April, the police cornered several terrorist members. When they were in this situation they committed suicide. In this action a police officer died.
By Estefanía Guanche
Adriana Gonzalez Gon… en The King’s Speech Alfonso Torices en The King’s Speech PABLO MOGOLLON DIAZ en The King’s Speech Diego González en The King’s Speech Sofía Gil en The King’s Speech Trusianna Delgado en The King’s Speech Estefanía Guanche en The King’s Speech Alvaro Medina 1ºA Ba… en The King’s Speech ANDREA SANTOS FAGUND… en The King’s Speech Samuel Arbelo en What’s globish? Haridian González en The King’s Speech Aitor Monje Castella… en The King’s Speech Erika Gonzalez en The King’s Speech María López en The King’s Speech Yanira Jerez en The King’s Speech
- febrero 2015 (1)
- noviembre 2014 (2)
- junio 2014 (1)
- mayo 2014 (1)
- abril 2014 (2)
- marzo 2014 (1)
- febrero 2014 (2)
- enero 2014 (2)
- diciembre 2013 (1)
- septiembre 2013 (1)
- mayo 2013 (2)
- abril 2013 (2)
- marzo 2013 (1)
- enero 2013 (2)
- octubre 2012 (3)
- mayo 2012 (1)
- abril 2012 (3)
- marzo 2012 (3)
- febrero 2012 (1)
- enero 2012 (5)
- diciembre 2011 (2)
- noviembre 2011 (3)
- octubre 2011 (4)
- julio 2011 (1)
- mayo 2011 (2)
- abril 2011 (1)
- marzo 2011 (1)
- febrero 2011 (2)
- enero 2011 (1)
- diciembre 2010 (1)
- noviembre 2010 (2)
- octubre 2010 (3)
- junio 2010 (5)
- mayo 2010 (6)
- abril 2010 (6)
- marzo 2010 (4)
- febrero 2010 (10)
- enero 2010 (7)
- diciembre 2009 (5)
- noviembre 2009 (15)
- octubre 2009 (3)
Lo + visto
- NHS to receive £487m technology boost 20 julio 2018Matt Hancock lists top three priorities as tech, workforce and illness preventionThe health and social care secretary has pledged almost half a billion pounds to transform technology in the NHS in an attempt to reduce staff workloads and improve patient care.In his first speech since being appointed to the post, Matt Hancock listed technology as one of his t […]Haroon Siddique
- Esther McVey admits ongoing problems with universal credit 19 julio 2018Changes in pipeline as DWP is accused of failing to respond promptly or take expert advice The welfare secretary Esther McVey has admitted there are continuing problems with the much-criticised universal credit system and signalled that further changes are in the pipeline.She also said Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) ministers and officials needed to l […]Patrick Butler Social policy editor
- Drugs alone won't fix our epidemic of depression | James S Gordon 19 julio 2018To fight a rising tide of depression and suicide, psychiatrists need to do more than just fill patients up with pillsThe New York Times recently published an important investigative report shining a long-overdue light on the painful, sometimes disabling experience of withdrawing from antidepressants – drugs that millions of Americans have been taking, someti […]James S Gordon
- My husband's stroke showed me the best and worst of the NHS 19 julio 2018Seeing the service from a different perspective forced me to assess my priorities and influenced how I treat my own patientsIn March 2012, my husband had a stroke. He was 34. I recognised the signs within seconds, called 999 and had a hospital bag ready by the time the ambulance arrived four minutes later. Sam’s speech was slurred and he had lost 50% of his […]Claire Stevens
- Parents queue from 3am for Cardiff school breakfast club place 19 julio 2018About 130 parents queued from early hours to secure places for their children at school’s free breakfast clubScores of parents and grandparents queued up from the early hours outside a Cardiff primary school to try to secure places for their children in a free breakfast club.About 130 parents, armed with folding chairs, flasks and snacks, lined the pavement […]Steven Morris
- Make cannabis-based medicines legal, say UK drug advisers 19 julio 2018Advisory council’s recommendation may pave way for loosening of laws Doctors in the UK should be able to prescribe cannabis-derived medicine, the government’s chief drug advisers have recommended, paving the way for a loosening of the laws governing access to the substance.The Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs (ACMD) has recommended after a review that […]Jamie Grierson Home affairs correspondent
- Street violence: 'For them, using a knife may seem rational' 19 julio 2018Behind many recent murders in London are young men who are traumatised and excludedOn the afternoon of 18 April 2016, a Monday, Lewis Elwin was dropped off by a relative in Moyser Road, a residential street in Tooting, south London.The 20-year-old’s mother and five older siblings were worried about him: they feared he was mixing with the wrong crowd, and doi […]Ian Cobain
- NHS to receive £487m technology boost 20 julio 2018
- Acento nativo advert Anne Frank appearance and personality Basic grammar Biographies British or American English British Tradition carnival in Spain communication in english comparatives and superlatives comunication Conditionals Consumption dialogue at a restaurant dialogue in a restaurant dialogues Directions english grammar English tests English traditions environment euronews European Day of Languages few Future Tense globish graffiti Guy Fawkes Heal the world Healthy food Homeschooling I have a dream International day fo the elimination of violence against Women Invictus Jason Mraz job interview John Lennon Learn with films Leona Lewis little London Luther king Lyrics Mandela many Mr Duncan much music New Year's Resolutions Non-violence and peace Peace Day Pearly Kings and Queens Present Perfect Racism Reading recycling Saint Patrick's Day shakira shakira's speech at oxford Song speech against the war stand by me technology Trailer Twilight verbal tenses Videos Vocabulary Waving flag we are the world for Haiti webquest about the Canary Islands what is that? Women's Day World Water Day activities