En la presente edición del recital de poesía que hacemos cada año en el centro, con motivo del Día Escolar de la No-violencia y la Paz, una alumna de 1º bachillerato leerá un extracto de la canción “Heal the World” de Michael Jackson. Aqúi dejamos el vídeo con subtítulos en inglés y español.
Visitantes on line
Visitas desde 26-10-09
- 150,321 visitas
octubre 2017 L M X J V S D « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Let’s Know about ……….A PLACE
Chipude is a nice village of La Gomera, Canary Islands. It´s situated at the top of Vallehermoso.
Chipude means "ground of palm trees" in Guanche language.
In the past the place was covered by a laurisilva rainforest, but that was cut to cultivate sugarcane.
About the century XVI, two churches were built and Chipude became an important village with a population of 2000 people.
Nowadays is a nice little village that is visited by many tourists. These tourists are normally hikers.
Let’s know about ……… a CURRENT CHARACTER
Barack Obama is an American man of 51 years old, currently he is president of the United States.
Throughout his life he has had different jobs, Iliois senator, teacher in a School , etc, until five years ago, in 2007, when he decided to stand for election to hold the office of president.
In 2009 he was ready and prepared several initiatives, for example: Campaigns against climate change, homophobia, and he was awarded a Nobel Peace Prize.
On Tuesday, November 6, he was elected again as president.
Let’s know about ….. a HISTORICAL EVENT.
It was a terrorist attack that happened on eleven March of 2004, in Madrid train station. It was the second major terrorist attempt in Europe. The terrorist put bombs in four different trains, about 07:36 and 07:40. The police tried to deactivate two bombs that didn’t exploit, but 191 people died and 1858 were injured. On 3 April, the police cornered several terrorist members. When they were in this situation they committed suicide. In this action a police officer died.
By Estefanía Guanche
Adriana Gonzalez Gon… en The King’s Speech Alfonso Torices en The King’s Speech PABLO MOGOLLON DIAZ en The King’s Speech Diego González en The King’s Speech Sofía Gil en The King’s Speech Trusianna Delgado en The King’s Speech Estefanía Guanche en The King’s Speech Alvaro Medina 1ºA Ba… en The King’s Speech ANDREA SANTOS FAGUND… en The King’s Speech Samuel Arbelo en What’s globish? Haridian González en The King’s Speech Aitor Monje Castella… en The King’s Speech Erika Gonzalez en The King’s Speech María López en The King’s Speech Yanira Jerez en The King’s Speech
- febrero 2015 (1)
- noviembre 2014 (2)
- junio 2014 (1)
- mayo 2014 (1)
- abril 2014 (2)
- marzo 2014 (1)
- febrero 2014 (2)
- enero 2014 (2)
- diciembre 2013 (1)
- septiembre 2013 (1)
- mayo 2013 (2)
- abril 2013 (2)
- marzo 2013 (1)
- enero 2013 (2)
- octubre 2012 (3)
- mayo 2012 (1)
- abril 2012 (3)
- marzo 2012 (3)
- febrero 2012 (1)
- enero 2012 (5)
- diciembre 2011 (2)
- noviembre 2011 (3)
- octubre 2011 (4)
- julio 2011 (1)
- mayo 2011 (2)
- abril 2011 (1)
- marzo 2011 (1)
- febrero 2011 (2)
- enero 2011 (1)
- diciembre 2010 (1)
- noviembre 2010 (2)
- octubre 2010 (3)
- junio 2010 (5)
- mayo 2010 (6)
- abril 2010 (6)
- marzo 2010 (4)
- febrero 2010 (10)
- enero 2010 (7)
- diciembre 2009 (5)
- noviembre 2009 (15)
- octubre 2009 (3)
Lo + visto
- Paul Keating accused of hypocrisy over assisted dying stance 22 octubre 2017Former NT chief minister says Keating deliberately declined to use his veto power in 1995 to kill off euthanasia legislationThe former Northern Territory chief minister Marshall Perron has accused Paul Keating of hypocrisy in the euthanasia debate after the former prime minister urged Victoria not to pass its assisted dying bill.Perron said Keating had delib […]Anne Davies
- MPs to launch inquiry into growth of pop-up brothels 21 octubre 2017Risks grow as police closures force sex workers to rent Airbnb and other short-term propertiesThe growth of “pop-up brothels” in Airbnb and other short-term properties is to be investigated by MPs. The all-party parliamentary group on prostitution will launch an inquiry on Monday after reports of temporary brothels springing up across the country, including […]Dulcie Lee
- Children receive worse mental health care than adults | Letters 21 octubre 2017No information is revealed about the effects of expensive treatmentI fully support the children’s commissioner’s request to NHS England to provide information about how local clinical commissioning groups are spending their increased budgets on community-based provision for children with mental health difficulties (“Children’s commissioner savages NHS…”, New […]Guardian Staff
- Austerity puts public workers’ wages below private sector 21 octubre 2017Workers in public sector received hourly earnings of 0.6% less than their private counterparts, for first time since 2008 financial crashPublic sector workers’ pay has dipped below that of their private sector counterparts for the first time since the financial crash, Treasury figures obtained by the GMB union reveal.The disparity, after seven years of auste […]Jamie Doward
- How Harvey Weinstein’s accusers gave women worldwide a voice 21 octubre 2017It is no longer about just one disgraced man: testimonies of sexual harassment and abuse are emerging from Hollywood to politics via sport and fashionDrop a stone in a deep enough pond, and you never know how far the ripples will spread. It is more than a fortnight now since Harvey Weinstein was first accused of sexually harassing actresses in an article for […]Gaby Hinsliff
- Georgia politician Betty Price asks if people with HIV can be quarantined 21 octubre 2017Wife of ex-health secretary Tom Price seeks to ‘curtail the spread’Republican doctor asks committee meeting: ‘What are we legally able to do?’A Georgia state lawmaker who is married to former Trump health secretary Tom Price asked during a legislative committee meeting about the possibility of quarantining people with HIV. Related: Steve Bannon blasts George […]Associated Press in Atlanta
- U-turn on housing benefit cap for mentally ill and elderly 21 octubre 2017Move follows outcry from charities and evidence that housing projects have been axedPlans to cap housing benefit for thousands of mentally ill, elderly and other vulnerable people in supported housing are to be re-examined after protests by MPs and charities.The rethink, expected within weeks, also follows evidence from the National Housing Federation, which […]Toby Helm
- Paul Keating accused of hypocrisy over assisted dying stance 22 octubre 2017
- Acento nativo advert Anne Frank appearance and personality Basic grammar Biographies British or American English British Tradition carnival in Spain communication in english comparatives and superlatives comunication Conditionals Consumption dialogue at a restaurant dialogue in a restaurant dialogues Directions english grammar English tests English traditions environment euronews European Day of Languages few Future Tense globish graffiti Guy Fawkes Heal the world Healthy food Homeschooling I have a dream International day fo the elimination of violence against Women Invictus Jason Mraz job interview John Lennon Learn with films Leona Lewis little London Luther king Lyrics Mandela many Mr Duncan much music New Year's Resolutions Non-violence and peace Peace Day Pearly Kings and Queens Present Perfect Racism Reading recycling Saint Patrick's Day shakira shakira's speech at oxford Song speech against the war stand by me technology Trailer Twilight verbal tenses Videos Vocabulary Waving flag we are the world for Haiti webquest about the Canary Islands what is that? Women's Day World Water Day activities