En la presente edición del recital de poesía que hacemos cada año en el centro, con motivo del Día Escolar de la No-violencia y la Paz, una alumna de 1º bachillerato leerá un extracto de la canción “Heal the World” de Michael Jackson. Aqúi dejamos el vídeo con subtítulos en inglés y español.
Visitantes on line
Visitas desde 26-10-09
- 147,324 visitas
junio 2017 L M X J V S D « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Let’s Know about ……….A PLACE
Chipude is a nice village of La Gomera, Canary Islands. It´s situated at the top of Vallehermoso.
Chipude means "ground of palm trees" in Guanche language.
In the past the place was covered by a laurisilva rainforest, but that was cut to cultivate sugarcane.
About the century XVI, two churches were built and Chipude became an important village with a population of 2000 people.
Nowadays is a nice little village that is visited by many tourists. These tourists are normally hikers.
Let’s know about ……… a CURRENT CHARACTER
Barack Obama is an American man of 51 years old, currently he is president of the United States.
Throughout his life he has had different jobs, Iliois senator, teacher in a School , etc, until five years ago, in 2007, when he decided to stand for election to hold the office of president.
In 2009 he was ready and prepared several initiatives, for example: Campaigns against climate change, homophobia, and he was awarded a Nobel Peace Prize.
On Tuesday, November 6, he was elected again as president.
Let’s know about ….. a HISTORICAL EVENT.
It was a terrorist attack that happened on eleven March of 2004, in Madrid train station. It was the second major terrorist attempt in Europe. The terrorist put bombs in four different trains, about 07:36 and 07:40. The police tried to deactivate two bombs that didn’t exploit, but 191 people died and 1858 were injured. On 3 April, the police cornered several terrorist members. When they were in this situation they committed suicide. In this action a police officer died.
By Estefanía Guanche
Adriana Gonzalez Gon… en The King’s Speech Alfonso Torices en The King’s Speech PABLO MOGOLLON DIAZ en The King’s Speech Diego González en The King’s Speech Sofía Gil en The King’s Speech Trusianna Delgado en The King’s Speech Estefanía Guanche en The King’s Speech Alvaro Medina 1ºA Ba… en The King’s Speech ANDREA SANTOS FAGUND… en The King’s Speech Samuel Arbelo en What’s globish? Haridian González en The King’s Speech Aitor Monje Castella… en The King’s Speech Erika Gonzalez en The King’s Speech María López en The King’s Speech Yanira Jerez en The King’s Speech
- febrero 2015 (1)
- noviembre 2014 (2)
- junio 2014 (1)
- mayo 2014 (1)
- abril 2014 (2)
- marzo 2014 (1)
- febrero 2014 (2)
- enero 2014 (2)
- diciembre 2013 (1)
- septiembre 2013 (1)
- mayo 2013 (2)
- abril 2013 (2)
- marzo 2013 (1)
- enero 2013 (2)
- octubre 2012 (3)
- mayo 2012 (1)
- abril 2012 (3)
- marzo 2012 (3)
- febrero 2012 (1)
- enero 2012 (5)
- diciembre 2011 (2)
- noviembre 2011 (3)
- octubre 2011 (4)
- julio 2011 (1)
- mayo 2011 (2)
- abril 2011 (1)
- marzo 2011 (1)
- febrero 2011 (2)
- enero 2011 (1)
- diciembre 2010 (1)
- noviembre 2010 (2)
- octubre 2010 (3)
- junio 2010 (5)
- mayo 2010 (6)
- abril 2010 (6)
- marzo 2010 (4)
- febrero 2010 (10)
- enero 2010 (7)
- diciembre 2009 (5)
- noviembre 2009 (15)
- octubre 2009 (3)
Lo + visto
- UK public are more dissatisfied than ever with NHS, poll shows 25 junio 2017Head of BMA to reveal survey shows more people unhappy with NHS than satisfied for first time, and 82% worried for futureMore people are unhappy with the NHS than satisfied for the first time in a poll of the public run by Britain’s doctors, and 70% say they think the health service is going in the wrong direction.The growing public concern will be revealed […]Sarah Boseley Health editor
- UK heart disease deaths fall by over 20% since indoor smoking ban 25 junio 2017Smokers aged 35 and above are less likely to die from heart attacks since indoor venues went smoke-free 10 years agoDeaths from heart disease and strokes caused by smoking have fallen dramatically since lighting up in pubs, restaurants and other enclosed public places in England was banned 10 years ago.New figures have shown that the number of smokers aged 3 […]Denis Campbell Health policy editor
- Decent homes for all… Has the social housing dream died? 25 junio 2017In the wake of the Grenfell Tower tragedy, it is clear that Britain’s social housing is in crisis. As a new film looks at the legacy of Thatcher’s right-to-buy, Rowan Moore asks whether the postwar housing ideal can be revived. Below: David Harewood, Kerry Hudson and others on their experiences of council estate livingBefore catastrophe hit Grenfell Tower, i […]Rowan Moore, David Harewood, Tony Walsh Lynsey Hanley, Andrew Adonis, John Bird, Sheila Scott, Kerry Hudson, Marcus Barnes
- Sixty towers across England found to have unsafe cladding 25 junio 2017Officials confirm all buildings so far given combustibility tests have failed in 25 areas across EnglandTest results on building materials in the wake of the Grenfell Tower disaster have revealed that 60 high-rise blocks in 25 areas of England are unsafe, the government confirms. Related: Grenfell Tower victims 'murdered by political decisions' – J […]Kevin Rawlinson
- Housing crisis threatens a million families with eviction by 2020 24 junio 2017Report shows combination of low wages, freezes to benefits and rising costs of renting could cause more than 1 million households to become homelessAre you living in unsafe or barely habitable housing? More than a million households living in private rented accommodation are at risk of becoming homeless by 2020 because of rising rents, benefit freezes and a […]Toby Helm Political Editor
- Nowhere: a response to the housing crisis by poet Tony Walsh – audio 25 junio 2017The poet, writer and performer who grew up in social housing in Manchester performs a specially composed poem in response to issues raised in the documentary Dispossession: The Great Housing Swindle Continue reading...Tony Walsh
- Two Shelter board members quit after Grenfell Tower fire 23 junio 2017Chairman Sir Derek Myers and trustee Tony Rice resign amid internal disquiet over charity’s response to disasterTwo board members of the housing charity Shelter, including its chairman Sir Derek Myers, have resigned amid reports of internal disquiet over the organisation’s allegedly muted response to the Grenfell Tower fire.Myers is a former chief executive […]Patrick Butler and Dawn Foster
- UK public are more dissatisfied than ever with NHS, poll shows 25 junio 2017
- Acento nativo advert Anne Frank appearance and personality Basic grammar Biographies British or American English British Tradition carnival in Spain communication in english comparatives and superlatives comunication Conditionals Consumption dialogue at a restaurant dialogue in a restaurant dialogues Directions english grammar English tests English traditions environment euronews European Day of Languages few Future Tense globish graffiti Guy Fawkes Heal the world Healthy food Homeschooling I have a dream International day fo the elimination of violence against Women Invictus Jason Mraz job interview John Lennon Learn with films Leona Lewis little London Luther king Lyrics Mandela many Mr Duncan much music New Year's Resolutions Non-violence and peace Peace Day Pearly Kings and Queens Present Perfect Racism Reading recycling Saint Patrick's Day shakira shakira's speech at oxford Song speech against the war stand by me technology Trailer Twilight verbal tenses Videos Vocabulary Waving flag we are the world for Haiti webquest about the Canary Islands what is that? Women's Day World Water Day activities