“The tradition of the Pearly Kings and Queens” es una tradición que se celebra este mes de abril en Londres desde hace aproximadamente 130 años. Los ingleses, muy dados a conservar sus tradiciones, han logrado que ésta perdure con el paso del tiempo. Para conocer su curiosa historia y como se sigue celebrando en la actualidad, te recomendamos este artículo publicado en la web “BBC learning English”.
Visitantes on line
Visitas desde 26-10-09
- 157,218 visitas
marzo 2018 L M X J V S D « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Let’s Know about ……….A PLACE
Chipude is a nice village of La Gomera, Canary Islands. It´s situated at the top of Vallehermoso.
Chipude means "ground of palm trees" in Guanche language.
In the past the place was covered by a laurisilva rainforest, but that was cut to cultivate sugarcane.
About the century XVI, two churches were built and Chipude became an important village with a population of 2000 people.
Nowadays is a nice little village that is visited by many tourists. These tourists are normally hikers.
Let’s know about ……… a CURRENT CHARACTER
Barack Obama is an American man of 51 years old, currently he is president of the United States.
Throughout his life he has had different jobs, Iliois senator, teacher in a School , etc, until five years ago, in 2007, when he decided to stand for election to hold the office of president.
In 2009 he was ready and prepared several initiatives, for example: Campaigns against climate change, homophobia, and he was awarded a Nobel Peace Prize.
On Tuesday, November 6, he was elected again as president.
Let’s know about ….. a HISTORICAL EVENT.
It was a terrorist attack that happened on eleven March of 2004, in Madrid train station. It was the second major terrorist attempt in Europe. The terrorist put bombs in four different trains, about 07:36 and 07:40. The police tried to deactivate two bombs that didn’t exploit, but 191 people died and 1858 were injured. On 3 April, the police cornered several terrorist members. When they were in this situation they committed suicide. In this action a police officer died.
By Estefanía Guanche
Adriana Gonzalez Gon… en The King’s Speech Alfonso Torices en The King’s Speech PABLO MOGOLLON DIAZ en The King’s Speech Diego González en The King’s Speech Sofía Gil en The King’s Speech Trusianna Delgado en The King’s Speech Estefanía Guanche en The King’s Speech Alvaro Medina 1ºA Ba… en The King’s Speech ANDREA SANTOS FAGUND… en The King’s Speech Samuel Arbelo en What’s globish? Haridian González en The King’s Speech Aitor Monje Castella… en The King’s Speech Erika Gonzalez en The King’s Speech María López en The King’s Speech Yanira Jerez en The King’s Speech
- febrero 2015 (1)
- noviembre 2014 (2)
- junio 2014 (1)
- mayo 2014 (1)
- abril 2014 (2)
- marzo 2014 (1)
- febrero 2014 (2)
- enero 2014 (2)
- diciembre 2013 (1)
- septiembre 2013 (1)
- mayo 2013 (2)
- abril 2013 (2)
- marzo 2013 (1)
- enero 2013 (2)
- octubre 2012 (3)
- mayo 2012 (1)
- abril 2012 (3)
- marzo 2012 (3)
- febrero 2012 (1)
- enero 2012 (5)
- diciembre 2011 (2)
- noviembre 2011 (3)
- octubre 2011 (4)
- julio 2011 (1)
- mayo 2011 (2)
- abril 2011 (1)
- marzo 2011 (1)
- febrero 2011 (2)
- enero 2011 (1)
- diciembre 2010 (1)
- noviembre 2010 (2)
- octubre 2010 (3)
- junio 2010 (5)
- mayo 2010 (6)
- abril 2010 (6)
- marzo 2010 (4)
- febrero 2010 (10)
- enero 2010 (7)
- diciembre 2009 (5)
- noviembre 2009 (15)
- octubre 2009 (3)
Lo + visto
- Police taking days to respond to 999 calls as budget cuts bite 22 marzo 2018Watchdog says fact that funding has fallen by a fifth since 2010 has put forces under stressUnder-pressure police forces are taking days to respond to 999 calls that should be dealt with in an hour, the policing watchdog has said, as they come under “significant stress” from slashed budgets and increased demand.Almost a quarter of forces in England and Wales […]Jamie Grierson
- Lowest paid NHS staff may receive pay rise of up to 29% in new deal 21 marzo 2018All NHS staff will see pay rise by at least 6.5% if they back deal supported by 13 of the 14 unionsHundreds of thousands of NHS staff are set to receive pay rises of between 9% and 29% over the next three years after ministers abandoned a seven-year health service salary squeeze.All of the more than 1 million personnel working for the NHS in England will rec […]Denis Campbell and Heather Stewart
- Social Mobility Commission needs beefing up, say MPs 22 marzo 2018Education committee calls for more powers for body derailed by resignation of its entire boardThe government body which promotes social mobility should be given “teeth”, in the shape of additional resources and increased powers, to help drive forward the fight against social injustice, MPs have said.The Commons education committee warned that without greater […]Sally Weale Education correspondent
- Manchester council to publish files used to bypass affordable housing quotas 21 marzo 2018Developers must submit secret viability assessments for scrutiny after unanimous council voteManchester city council has voted to make public the secret documents used by developers to bypass affordable housing quotas.Analysis by the Guardian earlier this month showed that developers behind almost 15,000 new homes given the green light by the council’s plann […]Helen Pidd North of England editor
- Government may intervene in Northampton library closures 21 marzo 2018Secretary of state considers launching a government inquiry, after Northamptonshire council plans to close 21 of county’s 36 librariesThe culture secretary, Matt Hancock, is considering a government inquiry after a complaint from libraries body Cilip about Northamptonshire’s bitterly protested plan to close almost 60% of the county’s libraries.Cilip submitte […]Alison Flood
- Failings in mental healthcare are violating basic human rights | Rob Behrens 21 marzo 2018My report shows that too many people in the UK aren’t being treated with the dignity and respect they should expect when in crisis• Rob Behrens is the parliamentary and health service ombudsmanGeneral attitudes to mental health may have become more enlightened, but serious inadequacies remain in how we care for and treat mental health patients. After my in-d […]Rob Behrens
- Guernsey could be first place in British Isles to allow assisted dying 21 marzo 2018Parliament to vote on proposals to allow some terminally ill people to end their lives with help of a doctorGuernsey could become the first place in the British Isles to allow assisted dying under proposals expected to be voted on in its parliament in May.The island’s chief minister, Gavin St Pier, is backing a bill to allow people who are terminally ill, me […]Harriet Sherwood
- Police taking days to respond to 999 calls as budget cuts bite 22 marzo 2018
- Acento nativo advert Anne Frank appearance and personality Basic grammar Biographies British or American English British Tradition carnival in Spain communication in english comparatives and superlatives comunication Conditionals Consumption dialogue at a restaurant dialogue in a restaurant dialogues Directions english grammar English tests English traditions environment euronews European Day of Languages few Future Tense globish graffiti Guy Fawkes Heal the world Healthy food Homeschooling I have a dream International day fo the elimination of violence against Women Invictus Jason Mraz job interview John Lennon Learn with films Leona Lewis little London Luther king Lyrics Mandela many Mr Duncan much music New Year's Resolutions Non-violence and peace Peace Day Pearly Kings and Queens Present Perfect Racism Reading recycling Saint Patrick's Day shakira shakira's speech at oxford Song speech against the war stand by me technology Trailer Twilight verbal tenses Videos Vocabulary Waving flag we are the world for Haiti webquest about the Canary Islands what is that? Women's Day World Water Day activities